CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA)
Duration: 5 days / 40 hours
The InfoSec Skills CRIA course leads to the CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA) examination, which supports career advancement in incident response.
This is the first cross discipline course of its' kind that covers the essential knowledge and hands-on practical skills needed for intrusion detection, incident handling, computer/network forensics and malware reverse engineering.
This course raises the bar and sets a new security baseline for existing practitioners and aspiring Intrusion Analysis and Digital Forensics professionals. Every team member should take this course at some point along their career path. Following this course a student may challenge the CREST core skills exam resulting in the CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA) professional qualification.
You will learn how to detect an attack, how to handle it, how to trace and acquire the evidence, investigate, analyse and re-construct the incident. We then lay the groundwork for malware analysis by presenting the key tools and techniques malware analysts use to examine malicious programs. Practical exercises throughout ensure that the skills learned can be put to work immediately and that you are prepared for the CRIA practical exam.
Who should attend?
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of an incident response team
- Existing practitioners wishing to become CREST Registered
- System administrators who are responding to attacks
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Digital Forensics
- Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques and processes in order to understand information security implications
- Anyone meeting the pre-requisites who is considering a career in Intrusion Analysis or Digital Forensics
A pass at CPIA level is a pre-requisite for the Intrusion Analyst examination
The course consists of six modules:
- Module 1 – Soft Skills and Incident Handling
- Module 2 – Core Technical Skills
- Module 3 – Background Information Gathering & Open Source
- Module 4 – Network Intrusion Analysis
- Module 5 – Analysing Host Intrusions
- Module 6 – Reverse Engineering Malware
- Module 7 – CRIA exam preparation, CRIA mock exam
Continual assessment, with topic quizzes and module tests, ensure that you understand the knowledge and learn the skills delivered in each module.
On attending this course you will be provided with:
- Full colour, wiro bound course books containing all course slides and notes
- Exercise files
- Intrusion Analysis tools and VMs all wrapped up into an .ISO image
These are yours to keep so you can re-run the course as many times as you wish or use them for future reference.