CREST Practitioner Security Analyst (CPSA)
Duration: 5 days / 40 hours
The InfoSec Skills CPSA course leads to the CREST Practitioner Security Analyst (CPSA) examination, which is an entry level qualification that tests a candidate’s knowledge in assessing operating systems and common network services at a basic level below that; of the main CRT and CCT qualifications.
The CPSA examination also includes an intermediate level of web application security testing and methods to identify common web application security vulnerabilities. The examination covers a common set of core skills and knowledge that assess the candidate’s technical knowledge. The candidate must demonstrate that they are able to perform basic infrastructure and web application testing and interpret the results to locate security vulnerabilities. Success will confer the CREST Practitioner status to the individual. This qualification is a pre-requisite for the CREST Registered Penetration Tester (CRT) examination and comprises a multiple-choice examination. CRT is available as a separate course.
Who should attend?
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of a PenTest team
- System administrators who are responding to attacks
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Penetration Testing and Digital Forensics
- Corporations and Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques and processes inorder to understand information security implications
- Anyone who is considering a career in Penetration Testing
A good appreciation of the technical aspects of ICT. Network+ and CISMP is recommmended.
The course consists of eleven modules:
- Module 1 – Soft Skills and Assessment Management
- Module 2 – Core Technical Skills
- Module 3 – Information Gathering & Open Source
- Module 4 – Networking Equipment
- Module 5 – Microsoft Windows Security Assessment
- Module 6 – Unix Security Assessment
- Module 7 – Web Technologies
- Module 8 – Web Testing Methodologies
- Module 9 – Web Testing Techniques
- Module 10 – Databases
- Module 11 - Preparation for the CPSA exam
Continual assessment, with topic quizzes and module tests ensure that you understand the knowledge and learn the skills delivered in each module.
On attending this course you will be provided with:
- Full colour, wiro bound course handbooks containing all course slides and notes
These are yours to keep so you can re-run the course as many times as you wish or use them for future reference.