CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst & CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CPIA-CRIA)
Duration: 80 hours ( 2 x course bundle)
The InfoSec Skills CPIA-CRIA course bundle leads to the CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst (CPIA) examination and beyond onto the CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA) examination, once the candidate has gained sufficient practical experience.
This course prepares the student for a career in Incident Response and provides all of the tools and teaches the techniques needed by a practicing professional. This is the first cross discipline course of its' kind that covers the essential knowledge and skills needed for intrusion detection, incident handling, computer/network forensics and malware reverse engineering.
This course raises the bar and sets a new security baseline for aspiring Intrusion Analysis and Digital Forensics professionals. You will learn how to detect an attack, how to handle it, how to trace and acquire the evidence, investigate, analyse and re-construct the incident. We then lay the groundwork for malware analysis by presenting the key tools and techniques malware analysts use to examine malicious programs. Quizzes and tests throughout, with feedback, re-enforce the knowledge and prepare you for the CPIA multiple choice exam.
Following this course a student may challenge the CREST core skills exam resulting in the CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst (CPIA) professional qualification, which is a pre-requisite for the CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA) professional qualification. The CRIA exam can be challenged later, once more experience has been gained in real life scenarios.
Who should attend?
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of an Incident Response team
- Existing practitioners wishing to become CREST Registered
- System administrators who are responding to attacks
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Digital Forensics
- Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques and processes in order to understand information security implications
- Anyone meeting the pre-requisites who is considering a career in Intrusion Analysis or Digital Forensics
A good appreciation of the technical aspects of ICT and one year’s experience in network / server administration
The course consists of six modules:
- Module 1 – Soft Skills and Incident Handling
- Module 2 – Core Technical Skills
- Module 3 – Background Information Gathering & Open Source
- Module 4 – Network Intrusion Analysis
- Module 5 – Analysing Host Intrusions
- Module 6 – Reverse Engineering Malware
- Module 7 – CPIA exam preparation, CPIA mock exam, CRIA exam preparation, CRIA mock exam
|Skill Area knowledge transfer||59||30|
|Skill Area quiz||59||30|
|Skill Area external research exercise||-||30|
|Skill Area practical exercise||-||30|
|Knowledge Group multiple choice test||6||-|
|Knowledge Group practical test||-||6|
|Multiple choice mock exam||1||-|
|Practical mock exam||1|
Continual assessment, with topic quizzes and module tests, ensure that you understand the knowledge and learn the skills delivered in each Skill Area.
On attending this course you will be provided with:
- Full colour, wiro bound course handbooks containing all course slides and notes
These are yours to keep so you can re-run the course as many times as you wish or use them for future reference.