Available for Live Public or Private Onsite classes only.
E-Learning will be available in Q4 2017
Duration: 5 days / 40 hours (PECB exam included)
Mastering the incident management process based on ISO/IEC 27035
In this five-day intensive course participants develop the competence to master a model for implementing an incident management process throughout their organization using the
ISO/IEC 27035 standard as a reference framework. Based on practical exercises, participants acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to manage information security incidents in time by being familiar with their life cycle. During this training, we will present the ISO/IEC 27035 information security incident management standard, a process model for designing and developing an organizational incident management process, and how companies may use the standard. This training is also fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27035 which supports ISO/IEC 27001 by providing guidance for incident management.
Who should attend?
- Incident Managers
- Business Process Owners
- Information Security Risk Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Managers
- Members of Incident Response Team
- Persons responsible for information security or conformity within an organization
- To understand the concepts, approaches, methods, tools and techniques allowing for effective information security incident management according to ISO/IEC 27035
- To understand, interpret and provide guidance on how to implement and manage incident management processes based on best practices of ISO/IEC 27035 and other relevant standards
- To acquire the competence to implement, maintain and manage an ongoing information security incident management program according to ISO/IEC 27035
- To acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in information security management
- Day 1: Introduction, incident management framework according to ISO/IEC 27035
- Day 2: Planning the implementation of an Organisational Incident Management Process based on ISO/IEC 27035
- Day 3: Implementing an Incident Management Process
- Day 4: Monitoring, measuring and improving an Incident Management Process
- Day 5: Preparation for the ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager mock exam and official PECB exam
Please note: Live public classes or private onsite classes have the official PECB exam on Day 5, whereas e-Learning delegates can chose to take the exam when they feel that they are ready.
Basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 is recommended.
- This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test/mock exam similar to the certification exam
Examination and Certification
- The PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental Principles and Concepts in Incident Management
- Domain 2: Incident Management Best Practice based on ISO/IEC 27035
- Domain 3: Designing and Developing an Organisational Incident Management Process based on ISO/IEC 27035
- Domain 4: Preparing for Incident Management and Implementing an Incident Management Process
- Domain 5: Enacting the Incident Management Process and Handling Security Incidents
- Domain 6: Performance Monitoring and Measuring
- Domain 7: Improving the Incident Management Process
- The PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about the exam, refer to the PECB Candidate Handbook
- After successfully completing the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager” exam, participants can apply for the credentials of PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Provisional Incident Manager, PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Incident Manager or PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager, depending on their level of experience.
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price
- A student manual containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions