Post Graduate Qualifications
InfoSec Skills partners with De Montfort University (DMU) to provide a Postgraduate-level information security qualification, namely the Cyber Technology MSc. This qualification is based on InfoSec Skills technical hands-on training courses, combined with academic modules delivered by the University.
- Design your own Cyber MSc, no fixed syllabus, you choose your own modules based upon your target job role
- Provides you with the latest tools, techniques and knowledge in one of the most exciting areas of modern computing
- Purpose-built, state-of-the-art computer security and forensics laboratories
- Expert staff with extensive experience in the field of digital forensics and information security
- Excellent career prospects in a rapidly expanding industry
- Self-paced, part-time, mostly-online, attend anytime from anywhere
- Full-time study option available
To be awarded this certification, delegates are required to take four InfoSec Skills technical hands-on training courses and exams (CISMP, PCiIRM, PCiBCM and PCiIAA), successfully complete the four associated Academic Top-ups (written assignments set by the University) = 60 credits, choose and complete four modules from the list of University modules = 60 credits and finally complete the MSc Project/Dissertation set by the University = 60 credits, for a total of 180 credits. Successful completion of the MSc therefore provides students with four industry-recognised professional certificates as well as the Cyber Technology MSc qualification.
Most students embark on their MSc after successfully completing one or more InfoSec Skills courses. On successful completion of the InfoSec Skills hands-on training course, you are then eligible to apply to DMU for the Academic Top-up through distance learning. Taking the courses in this way is normally a part-time pathway that you should expect to study for a minimum of two to three years but must be completed within six years.
Alternatively, you can also register directly with DMU for the full-time MSc degree and the University will then manage your attendance and progression through the relevant InfoSec Skills modules and academic assessments.
Please call to discuss your requirements on +44 (0)208 1442303, contact us by email or contact the University directly:
DMU Admissions Team
T: +44 (0)116 257 7456
Funding Your MSc - Postgraduate Loans
If you're applying for the MSc in Cyber Techology you can now obtain funding to assist with your studies with a Postgraduate Loan (PGL). You can choose the amount that you wish to borrow (it does not have to be the full amount) and then use this money as you feel appropriate to cover your costs.
The Postgraduate Loan is available for the Academic Year 2016/17 and is open to all UK and EU students*, studying any postgraduate degree, full or part-time. This loan is being provided by the Government to encourage individuals to pursue a masters qualification, to help ensure the UK can meet the increasing demands for highly skilled workers.
• Postgraduate Loan of up to £10,000 to help with course fees and living costs
• Available for all masters programmes starting after the 1 August 2016
• Full and part-time programmes are eligible
• Applicants must be under 60 years old and a UK or EU student*
• Repayments are based upon your income and will not start until April 2019 at the earliest
• Loan repayment rates are set at 6% of your annual income over £21,000
• The current interest rate on the Postgraduate Loan is 3.9%. It’s reviewed in September every year and is set by adding 3% to the Retail Price Index (RPI).
You can apply for the postgraduate loan through the UK Government website from late June onwards.
* EU students must have been resident in the EU for at least 3 years prior to starting their masters programme to be eligible. Any period of residency in the UK for the sole purpose of education will not count towards this 3 year requirement. International students may be eligible for the PGL if they have permanent residency in the UK.
Choose 8 from the following:
* InfoSec Skills courses result in professional qualifications.
On successful completion of an InfoSec Skills hands-on training course, you are then eligible to apply to DMU for the Academic Top-up by distance learning. This is one of the best ways to work towards your MSc while still maintaining full-time employment.
Academic Top-ups are currently available for the following InfoSec Skills courses:
- CISMP - Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (15 Credits)
- PCiIRM - Pratitioner Certificate in Information Risk Management (15 Credits)
- PCiBCM - Practitioner Certificate in Business Continuity Management (15 Credits)
- PCiIAA - Practitioner Certificate in Information Assurance Architecture (15 Credits)
Academic Top-ups can be pruchased at the same time as the training course and professional certificate exam or can be purchased at a later date, perhaps after the professional certificate exam has been successfully completed.
The four professional qualifications contemplated above are assessed and issued by the British Computer Society (BCS), the Chartered Institute for I.T..
InfoSec Skills as a company, the courses themselves and the instructors who deliver the courses are all individually accredited by BCS.
Please call us to discuss your requirements: +44 (0)208 144 2303, contact us by email or contact the University directly:
DMU Admissions Team
T: +44 (0)116 257 7456
You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:1 minimum) in a relevant subject.
We are happy to consider equivalent qualifications from anywhere in the world.
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
If you have no formal academic qualifications but do have extensive industry experience we will consider your application on an individual basis.
If you feel you would like to talk to us about your qualifications before submitting an application please do not hesitate to call +44 (0)208 144 2303, contact us by email or contact the University directly:
DMU Admissions Team
Whilst the University tries to ensure that all of its programmes run as advertised it is sometimes necessary to make significant changes to the structure of the programmes or to discontinue a programme entirely if for instance there are insufficient student numbers or staff changes. This will sometimes happen between an offer being made and enrolment.
Where changes are made the University will endeavour to inform applicants as early as possible to minimise the potential disruption to the application process. Where possible an alternative programme will be offered in a similar subject area.
In cases where programmes are changed or discontinued the University will send a communication to you electronically and/or by hard copy outlining your options.
|Academic Top-up||£375.00 ea||£600.00 ea|
Choose 8 from the following:
|Foundations of Cyber Security||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Cyber Threat Intelligence||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Host and Network Security||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Penetration Testing and Incident Response||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Digital Forensics Principles and Practice||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Practitioner Certificate in Information Assurance Architecture*||£1,395.00||£1,395.00||PCiIAA|
|Legal, Ethical and Professional Practice and Research Methods||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Advanced Research Topics in Cyber Technology||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Alternative Operating Systems Forensics||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Current Issues for Practitioners||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Agile Project Management||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Certificate in Information Security Management Principles*||£1,375.00||£1,375.00||CISMP|
|Practitioner Certificate in Information Risk Management*||£1,375.00||£1,375.00||PCiIRM|
|Practitioner Certificate in Business Continuity Management*||£1,375.00||£1,375.00||PCiBCM|
|Managing Uncertainty, Complexity and Conflicts||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Software Project Assurance and Testing||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Advanced Requirements Engineering and Software Architecture||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Software Engineering for Dependable Systems||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Formal Methods Engineering||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Advanced Web Technologies and Applications||£1,665.00||£1,910.00|
|Network Security and Ethical Hacking 1||**||**|
|Network Security and Ethical Hacking 2||**||**|
|Forensic Tools and Processes - Forensic Investigations||**||**|
|Applied Forensics - Malware Investigation||**||**|
|Advanced Forensics and Incident Response||**||**|
|Security Strategy and Standards||**||**|
* InfoSec Skills courses result in professional qualifications, the price includes the cost of the exam.
** Fees for the 7Safe components of the Cyber Technology MSc can be found on the 7Safe website.