Available for Private Onsite classes only.
Duration: 5 days / 40 hours
Mastering the Leadership of a Professional Penetration Test
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to lead a professional penetration test using a mix of practical techniques and management skills. The course has been designed by Industry experts with in-depth experience in the Penetration Testing fields. Unlike other certifications, this course focuses specifically on the knowledge and skills needed by a professional looking to lead or take part in a penetration test. We drill down into the latest technical knowledge, tools and techniques in key areas including Infrastructure, Web Application and Mobile security as well as Social Engineering. In addition, the course focuses on how to practically apply what has been learned on current day-to-day penetration testing and does not expand on unrelated, dated or unnecessary theoretical concepts. Along with the in-depth technical hands on skills we teach our participants the management skills they need to lead a penetration test taking into account business risk and key business issues, allowing individuals who complete the course to have the right blend of the real business and technical competencies needed to be a respected, understood and professional penetration tester. On day four of the course delegates get to use the skills learned in a comprehensive capture the flag penetration testing exercise.
Who should attend?
- Security professionals wanting to gain formal penetration testing skills
- IT staff looking to enhance their technical skills and knowledge
- Auditors looking to understand the penetration testing processes
- IT and Risk Managers seeking a more detailed understanding of the appropriate and beneficial use of penetration tests
- Incident handlers and Business Continuity professionals looking to use testing as part of their testing regimes
- To be able to interpret and illustrate the main Penetration Testing Concepts and Principles
- To understand the core technical knowledge needed to organize and carry out an effective set of tests
- To learn how to effectively plan a penetration test and identify a scope which is suitable and appropriate based on risk
- To learn the practical hands on skills and relevant tools and techniques to conduct a penetration testing effectively
- To effectively manage the time and resources needed to scale a specific Penetration Test
- Day 1: Introduction to penetration testing, ethics, planning and scoping
- Day 2: Technical foundation knowledge and techniques (with practical exercises in all areas)
- Day 3: Conducting a penetration test using tools and techniques, and review of testing areas
- Day 4: Analyzing results from testing, reporting and follow up
- Day 5: Preparation for the Certified Lead Pen Test Professional exam and then the official exam itself
Please note: Live public classes or private onsite classes have the official PECB exam on Day 5, whereas e-Learning delegates can chose to take the exam when they feel that they are ready.
A basic knowledge of Penetration Testing is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study and lab environment to carry out testing using real tools and techniques
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
Examination and Certification
- The PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP).
- The PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- Duration: 3 hours
- After successfully completing the “PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional” exam, participants can apply for the credentials of PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional.
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price
- A student manual containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions